Advisory support to other SAIs
The State Audit Office, Republic of Latvia is recognized as a professional, modern, agile and ISSAI-compliant supreme audit institution being able to provide and providing advisory and peer support to other supreme audit institutions, and we are in the process of significant expansion of the international activity. The demand for our professional support is constantly growing.
Many years ago, our office also experiences the role of the beneficiary of P2P support, as supreme audit institutions of developed countries helped us to develop professionally by offering their experience and best practices. This imposes a moral obligation on us to support the supreme audit institutions of countries in transition, both in bilateral cooperation and in international advisory projects.
Why are we competitive and demanded as an adviser?
- We are professionals and know how to use our knowledge and experience in developing and proposing country-specific solutions.
- We focus on achieving goals and results instead on processes.
- We understand the reform processes of supreme audit institutions in transition countries, as we have experienced a transition period ourselves.
- Our auditors communicate not only in English, but also in Russian, which greatly facilitates cooperation with the supreme audit institutions in Eastern Partnership and other neighbouring countries.
By providing development and advisory support, we promote recognition and reputation of the State Audit Office our country internationally. We offer advisory and development support not only in Europe, but also in Central Asia, Asia, and Africa.
We cooperate through various mechanisms:
- bilateral cooperation between supreme audit institutions (memoranda of cooperation);
- technical assistance projects concluded as a result of international tenders (incl. working in consortia with other supreme audit institutions and consulting companies);
- Twinning projects (projects between public sector institutions of the EU Member States and the EU candidate countries);
- involvement of individual employees of the State Audit Office as experts in projects of international organisations and donors (OECD/Sigma, World Bank, etc.).